Welcome to Irishpalooza!
Sunday, March 12, 2017
2017 will mark the 30th year of the Martin City St. Patrick’s Parade!
THEME: “A SHAMROCK IN THE ROUGH”
Our emcee is John Holt, Co-Anchor for Fox 4 News!
- Ryan Shreve, CFO Fishtech
- Slacker, 101 Fox Morning Show
- Dhomonique Ricks, Fox 4 News
- Gail Worth, Gail’s Harley Davidson
- Thomas Bies, Premier Mazda Martin City
- Judges STRONGLY encourage decorating to the theme – “Shamrocks in the Rough”
- Pre-parade meeting is held one week before the parade.
- No candy may be thrown from floats
The parade begins at 2:00 p.m. departing from the State Line Point Shopping Center parking lot at Washington Street and 135th Street, and stop at the intersection of 135th Street and Holmes Road. Early line-up begins around 12pm.
The parade typically has over 65 entries – a great mix of floats, family entries, drill teams, auto clubs, motorcycle groups, dignitary cars, walking groups and many animal groups. The parade ends at around 3:30 p.m.
Parade Entry Cash Prizes:
1.) Overall best parade entry = $600
2.) Overall best second place parade entry = $300
3.) Overall best third place parade entry = $100
- 1st Place Winner receives a free entry to the Downtown KCMO St. Patrick’s Day Parade on March 17th
- RC’s Best in Show = Framed Certificate & Jess & Jim’s Gift Card
- Don Harman Most Humorous Entry = Framed Certificate & Martin City Gift Card
- Winners of the Prince & Princess Contest receive a custom gift basket and get to ride in the Irishpalooza parade
- Best Dressed Pet Contest winners receive a special prize awarded by Martin City Animal Hospital and also ride in the Irishpalooza parade.
2017 Parade forms:
How to submit an entry for the parade – Soon the forms may be downloaded from the Irishpalooza Parade website.
**No walk-in registrations day of parade; all entries must be pre-registered**
MORE FUN ACTIVITIES ON PARADE DAY:
Whiskey Run 5K Race
Starts at 8:30 a.m. If you are interested in the Whiskey Race, click here for more info and to register.
Best Dressed Dog Contest
The Martin City Animal Hospital coordinates and emcees a Best Dressed Dog Contest annually at 11:30 a.m., with the canine winners and owners from 1st, 2nd & 3rd places also riding in the parade and receiving gifts.
Prince & Princess Contest
Sponsored by The Gerber Insurance Group, Commerce Bank, and Martin City School K-8. Starts at 12:30 p.m. in the event tent. Children ages two to seven entered with the winners judged prior to the parade and riding in the parade as royal dignitaries. The Prince & Princess both received gift baskets. All participants received a gift bag just for entering.
After the parade, many attendees went down to RCs Backdoor Restaurant & Bar, Jess & Jims Steakhouse, the Martin City Brewing Company, Martin City Pizza and Taproom, and Jack Stack BBQ for a meal and more festivities.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS:
All Seasons Event Rental
CareNow Urgent Care HCA Midwest Health
City of Kansas City, MO Neighborhood and Tourism Development Fund
Church of the Apostles
Heartland Services, Inc.
Irish Crystal Company
Jack Stack Barbecue
Jackson County Advocate
Jameson Irish Whiskey
Jess & Jim’s Steakhouse
KC Running Company
Martin City Animal Hospital
Martin City Brewing Company
Martin City Community Improvement District (MCCID)
Morgan Miller Plumbing
Rob Sight Ford
Sidelines Custom Floral
Steven Kohnle Agency -Farmers Insurance
Suburban Lawn and Garden
The Gerber Insurance Group
The Moore Family
SPONSOR THE 2017 30TH ANNIVERSARY PARADE!