Loving Arms Adult Day Care is a Christian-based daycare that takes care of loved ones while their families and caregivers are at work, running errands, or just need a break. Owner Debbie Hartsell was inspired to start the center when she noticed too many senior citizens being placed in nursing homes who didn’t need to be there yet.
“We aren’t a nursing home, and we don’t want to be,” Hartsell said. “Due to the mental and physical state of many of our clients, we realize how important it is for them to keep a consistent, healthy and active routine.”
Activities are scheduled each day to keep everyone moving, such as board and card games, karaoke, live musical performances, clowns, and even belly dancers!
The center partners with Kansas City’s Department of Veteran Affairs to be part of the VHA Standard Medical Benefits Package, and enrolled veterans could be eligible for financial assistance if they meet the clinical needs. 75% of their clients are male veterans, and Loving Arms is the largest VA-approved daycare provider for veterans in Kansas City.
Other services include:
- Seven certified nurses on staff who are trained in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s care.
- Monitoring medication, blood pressure, and glucose.
- Quiet setting with a homelike atmosphere.
- Nutritional home-cooked meals with doctor-ordered diets as needed.
- Game area with a slot machine, air hockey, foosball, basketball, and a card table.
- They accept VA, LTC insurance, MO Medicaid, and private pay.
Learn more about Loving Arms Adult Day Care in this feature story!
For more information or to ask questions, please contact Loving Arms Adult Daycare through their website.